This post friendly base mix is a dry mix of all the Orgasoilux ingredients without the compost to make the package lighter for postage.
It requires you soak and rinse the 5kg cocopeat brick, add 45% compost to the mix, which in this case will be 90L and mix all the ingrediants. Giving you 200L of Living Earth.
Compost is readily available from most nurseries or can even be used from your home compost pile. We suggest using any high quality compost.
Orgasoilux Base Mix is a premium organic artisan hand crafted living soil base mix.
It has been designed for heavy feeding annuals such as maize, potatoes, tomatoes and brassicas.
The mix of cocopeat, perlite and earthworm compost/castings gives an excellent soil texture which drains perfectly while still holding the correct amount of water.
The castings, raw nutrients and minerals mixed into the soil will provide enough food for the plant and soil microbes for 3 – 6 months depending on the plant.
Orgasoilux has also been designed to be reused, by simply adding a top dressing of minerals and nutrients.
To enhance and unlock the full potential of Orgasoilux it is recommended that a beneficial root fungi – mycorrhizal fungi be used when transplanting (note this is not needed for the brassica family due to a different microbial community in their rhizosphere).
Mulch is also highly recommended as it performs various beneficial functions on the soil from insulation and pest deterrent to providing a slow release of nutrients.
Cocopeat, Perlite, Earthworm castings/compost, Alfalfa/Lucerne meal, Basalt rock dust, Soft rock phosphate, Seabird guano, Calcitic lime, Dolomitic Lime, Kelp meal and Diatomaceous Earth.
- 100% organic multi-purpose growing medium.
- Production does not harm the environment.
- Excellent substrate for root development
- Holds high air capacity even when completely saturated.
- Ideal growing medium because of its water holding capacity and air filled porosity.
- Best alternative to traditional peat moss.
- With time develops a high buffer capacity that will enable the plants to overcome a short time deficiency of fertilizers and water.
- Improves aeration and drainage.
- Stimulates root and vigorous growth.
- Disease, weed and insect free.
- Neutral PH
- Allows nutrients and moisture to be readily available.
EARTHWORM COMPOST / VERMICOMPOST
- Contains natural highly beneficial soil microbes, bacteria and enzymes.
- Improves soil texture
- Provides water soluble nutrients
- Excellent soil conditioner
- A slow releasing natural fertilizer
- Contains a natural growth hormone – Triacontanol, which stimulates root development
- Increased number of beneficial soil microbes especially mycorrhizae
- Increased water retention
- Increased cation-exchange capacity resulting in improved soil fertility
- Moderating of soil acidity
- Reduced leaching of nutrients
CRUSHED MALTED BARLEY
- Abundant source of enzymes
- Great sugar source for microbes
- High in amino acids
- Various nutrients
- Good source of silicon
- Increased cation-exchange capacity
- Improves the efficiency and value of fertiliser
- Improves water infiltration and retention
- Improves yield
- Retains nutrients for use by plants
- Improves long term soil quality
- Reduces loss of nutrients in soil
- Similar to bokashi but with added fish meal
- Used to inoculate with EM (Effective microbes)
- Great inoculation and nutritional product in one
BASALT ROCK DUST
- Rock dust containing 72 minerals and trace elements
- Stimulates soil micro-organism activity
- Contributes to building of humus complexes
- Increases yields
- Buffers PH levels
SOFT ROCK PHOSPHATE
- Slow releasing organic fertilizer
- Naturally occurring silica sediment.
- Used for its natural insect repelling properties
- Retains water and fertiliser and then feeds it back to the plant/soil as the soil dries out
- Contains auxins and cytokinins
- Slowly releases nutrients beneficial to plant growth
- Natural slow releasing fertilizer, with nutrients and trace elements
- Natural raw source of sulfur and calcium
- Natural soil buffer
- Natural raw source of magnesium and calcium
- Natural raw calcium source